Green Power Leadership Awards > 2013 Awards Details
Electricity generated from renewable sources is becoming increasingly available nationwide. By choosing green power instead of conventional electricity, consumers, businesses, and organizations can support increased deployment of renewable energy technologies that will reduce the environmental impact of electricity generation and increase energy security.
To recognize the actions of individuals, companies and organizations that are significantly advancing the development of renewable electricity sources through green power markets, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) are sponsoring the 2013 Green Power Leadership Awards. The Leadership Awards banquet will be held in conjunction with Renewable Energy Markets 2013 in early Fall.
GPLA Nomination Process
Nomination forms are due at 5:00 PM PDT on Monday, April 22, 2013. See below for details on each award.
Market Development Awards
Awarded by Center for Resource Solutions. CRS recognizes individuals, companies, or other renewable energy industry leaders that have helped build the market for green power.
- Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Supplier: Recognizes an innovative marketing campaign by a green power supplier. Marketing materials and themes that are inventive and original will be recognized. Materials used across all media (print, radio, TV, Web, and collateral materials) are eligible for entry.
- Best Green Power Education Outreach Program: Recognizes effective and unique outreach programs focusing on education related to green power. This award will honor work that spreads the word about the environmental benefits of green power and efforts to boost public interest in renewable energy.
- Best Marketing Campaign by a Green Power Purchaser: Recognizes an outstanding promotional campaign by a purchaser of green power. This award will honor a company or organization that has purchased or generated green power and has actively promoted their use of green power internally or externally in an innovative or compelling way.
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Recognizes outstanding leadership by an individual who is leveraging their influence, power, position, or purchasing power to expand the prevalence of renewable energy
For more information, including nomination forms, visit the CRS Market Development Awards Website.
Purchaser and Supplier Awards
Awarded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). EPA's awards recognize leading Green Power Partner organizations and Communities that have helped further the green power market through their green power purchase or use of on-site renewable energy applications, overall green power strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through their purchase, leadership, overall strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Green Power Community of the Year: Recognizes EPA Green Power Communities that distinguish themselves through their green power usage, leadership, citizen engagement, renewable energy strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- On-site Generation: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves using on-site renewable energy applications.
- Green Power Purchasing: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through purchases of green power from a utility green-pricing program, a competitive green marketer, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) supplier.
- Green Power Supplier of the Year: Recognizes green power suppliers (utilities, retail suppliers, REC marketers, renewable energy project developers) that are leaders in offering voluntary renewable energy to their customers.
- Innovative Green Power Program of the Year: Recognizes green power suppliers (utilities, retail suppliers, REC marketers, renewable energy project developers) that are leaders in designing and implementing innovative voluntary renewable energy offerings.
For more information, including nomination forms, Visit the EPA's Green Power Leadership Awards Website
For additional information on the EPA's Awards, please email Mollie Lemon at lemon.mollie [at] epa.gov or call 202-343-9859.
For additional information on the CRS Market Development Awards, please contact Beatriz Gómez at 415-561-2103 or bgomez [at] resource-solutions.org.
About Renewable Energy Markets
For nearly two decades, Renewable Energy Markets (REM) has defined and expanded marketplace opportunities for clean power. Bridging the interests of renewable energy generators, sellers, and utilities with those of purchasers, policymakers, and the communities that benefit from clean energy, REM is the nation's premier forum for the energy community to gather, learn from each other, and recognize best practices for promoting renewable energy. It is organized by the nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions and co-sponsored by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Learn more at www.renewableenergymarkets.com
About EPA's Green Power Partnership
EPA's Green Power Partnership is a voluntary program that encourages organizations to buy green power as a way to reduce the environmental impacts associated with purchased electricity use. The Partnership currently has more than 1,300 Partner organizations voluntarily purchasing billions of kilowatt-hours of green power annually. Partners include a wide variety of leading organizations such as Fortune 500 companies, small and medium sized businesses, local, state, and federal governments, and colleges and universities. For more information, visit www.epa.gov/greenpower.